Started Jun 9, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
OCJohn
Contributing MemberPosts: 522Gear list
Like?
upgrade to 7D or L lens???
Jun 9, 2011

I've had my 350D for a long long time, and have some extra money to upgrade. I borrowed a 50mm L lens from a buddy a while back and was shocked at the difference in picture quality between that and my 28-85USM that I normally use. I have some money to upgrade my equipment, and am debating between upgrading my camera from the 350 to 7d versus purchasing an L series lens (such as the 50mm 1.2, or 16-35 2.8).

There are obvious pros and cons that are a matter of personal taste (prime versus zoom, etc., 7d features versus 350D), and so I guess i'm more interested in the following -- With what investment would I get the most increase in photo quality - the jump to an L lens, or an upgrade on the camera from 350 to 7d??? Unfortunately, both are not an option!!!

Although I rarely post in these forums, I read often and the people here are so well informed and provide such great insight, I thought I would post this and ask for any input. I searched but couldn't find a similar thread. Thanks...

John

OCJohn's gear list:OCJohn's gear list
Canon EOS 7D
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
wellNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow