Started Jun 9, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
twenty200
Regular MemberPosts: 452Gear list
Like?
Nikkor 28-300mm FX lens on a D7000?
Jun 9, 2011

I own a D7000 and shoot mostly street photography... but not people. I shoot urban fragments. Stripes, colors, textures, words and symbols. That sort of thing. My main lens is a Nikkor 18-200mm, which I really like (and recommend!). I also have a 50mm.

I'm curious about the new Nikkor FX 28-300 lens. I realize that on my DX camera, it would translate to something more along the lines of 48-450mm.... right? Or, is that more "in theory" whereas in practice, with this particular lens, that doesn't quite happen as I'd expect? What does the zoom range really become on a DX body for this lens?

Does lens correction software such as PTLens work with this lens on a DX body? Or, does the fact that I'd mostly be only shooting with the sweet spot mess up the math on the lens correction? I know the D7000 has in-camera lens correction, but I shoot raw and I use Aperture 3 for post.

Part of my thinking here is that, if this lens is as good (on my DX) as my 18-200, and offers so much longer of a zoom, I might eventually sell my 18-200 and replace it with something that covers the 18-55 range (more or less).
--
This is the world, the way I see it: http://twenty200.com

twenty200's gear list:twenty200's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow