Some new SD1 samples!!!

Started Jun 9, 2011 | Discussions thread
jonny1976
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,006Gear list
Like?
Re: Enlarge the photo
In reply to rtoml321, Jun 9, 2011

i dont' know what to think..

fromwhat i see now these images looks more like oversharpened uprezisedfiles, not fine details, poor clariness, lots lots of artifacts like halos.
in my opinion they will struggle even against a nikon d3x and a good glass.

they are not comparrable to any mf format camera, and in my opinion the new 30 million camera will beat them for resolution.

probably the firmware will fix something, but i doubt they will change things completely

this is a photo i took yesterday in france. it's a 100 crop, i oversharpened it to match the level of sharpness of sd1. I didn't do any pp for color and contrast just sharpening in lightroom. i cropped the same position. persoanlly i struggle to see the difference in IQ

im sure the sd1 in good ahands will beat any apsc sensor out there, we must wait for the new sony 24 million, but doubt the difference are so big, and i doubt this camera can deliver 30 million pixel quality.
it's a superb 16 million aps csensor in daylight probably.

rtoml321 wrote:

jonny1976 wrote:

well i see a lot of artifacts and a lot of oversharpening, not really great fine details.

i have sd14 and i know the per pixel sharpness at 4 million pixel. is much much better than this.

personally considering all the problems linked to foeveoon, and that seems also in the sd1, i ll take my k5 nigh and day, simply beacuase i can shoot everywhere and in everry ligh tcondition.
in myy opinion thi camera is overpriced even at 2000 dollar.

Well, I don't think these tester will change the setting too much. I tend to believe that they may shoot with default settings mostly and adjust a little bit. It seems like Sigma is facing a new challenge to take care of this new baby chips.

rtoml321 wrote:

jonny1976 wrote:

i opened them and i m not impressed. any bayerish camera with a good glass can do that. thinking this camera can reach 45 million is cheating, even at 28 is cheating. this camera is on par just with the actual 24 mm full frame.
in my opinion all the photo show a lot of sharpening and artifacts due to this.

i need more sample to a complete evaluation but i'm thinking the foveon magic end up at 4 million pixel.

Well, I believe that there may be some bayer camera can do this, but not that much. When considering open at 100% to view the image, the number will be reducing to single number. Just a few photos from FF+great lens satisfy me with the same result under full image view.

Just wait and see for the final firmware.
Nevertheless, I agree that SD1 should not cost this much. A terrible price tag.

rtoml321 wrote:

IMO, these photos in the article are too small to show the merit of X3. Right click on the image and open the image in new window. These are pretty impressive shots.

-- hide signature --

Xsi(450D), F50fd, F30fd
http://www.flickr.com/norbelthomas

-- hide signature --

Xsi(450D), F50fd, F30fd

-- hide signature --

Xsi(450D), F50fd, F30fd

jonny1976's gear list:jonny1976's gear list
Nikon D2X
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow