Some new SD1 samples!!!

Started Jun 9, 2011 | Discussions thread
Zone8
Forum ProPosts: 15,488
Like?
Oh Dear! :-(
In reply to brittonx, Jun 9, 2011

If those are meant to demonstrate the high quality from the new SD1 - they have failed miserably. I respect LM's judgement on how he found the SD1 image files when printing, so seeing such as these examples demonstrates that it will be the photographer AND the choice of lenses that will determine whether the SD1 gets what should be a fair assessment.

These samples are, to my mind, pretty awful to be honest. They don't even come anywhere near what I have been producing with the SD9 and SD14 for a number of years (with the original FF film camera lenses, i.e. 15-30EX and 24-70EX) and I am sure the SD1 will be capable of far better results "in the right hands" and as said - WITH the right lenses too.

I agree also (as mentioned in a couple of replies) the strange sky-area streaking in the first shot with the barbed wire is hardly going to produce good comments.

-- hide signature --

Zone8
3 Quotes by Ansel Adams:

"A photograph is usually looked at - seldom looked into." "A good photograph is knowing where to stand." "Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter."

LINK: For B+W with Epson 1400 (and other models) using black ink only PLUS other useful tips:
http://www.photosnowdonia.co.uk/ZPS/epson1400-B&W.htm

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow