Started Jun 9, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jubb jubb
Forum MemberPosts: 65
Like?
Leica Dilemma
Jun 9, 2011

Ahh I hope you guys can help me make a decision from my muddled thoughts/wants on purchasing my first Leica system.

I have recently sold all my Nikon digital gear, wasn't really much but enough to get some funds to buy a used M8 body.

Now I am stuck in a dilemma of should I buy the digital body and get a cheaper bit of glass, OR should I buy a good bit of glass (like a 35 lux or cron) and get a film M6 body (or a non-Leica digi body). My only reasoning is that glass seems to retain it's value more than the digital bodies at this time and the images will look a bit nicer from a good lens, but then there's the whole cost in buying film, developing film, taking time to scan etc etc which makes a digital body be attractive.

Help! What do I do!? Get the lens, film body, then save for a digital body?? AHH!

I have the opportunity to buy a brand new M8 body as well which is my dilemma, although the seller is wanting $3500 for it.

Thanks for the constant help guys. I can't make a decision!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow