Started Jun 8, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
cenickell
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Nikon D3100 vs D5100
Jun 8, 2011

I currently have a Panasonic Lumix DS6 P&S camera, which I love. I have become more and more interested in photography and am looking to invest in my first DSLR and have settled on Nikon because several of my friends, who are into photography, have recommended Nikon and they can help me with the camera. I would like to keep my cost under $1,000, but still want want to know if the D5100 is really worth the extra $300. I do take videos also, although not as much, and like that they both have 1080P HD video. I take pictures of scenery for the most part (lakes, trees, skylines, etc). I do enjoy having a lot of zoom, although I know they is done with the lens, which is something I will have to get used to coming from a P&S. If you have any recommendations on lenses as well, that would be great! For those of you who are into photography and were once in my place, which one would you recommend? Is it worth the extra money or should I possibly put that towards a better lens?

Please don't hesitate to be as detailed as possible, since I don't have a whole lot of experience with this.

Thanks in advance for your help!

-Chris

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow