SD 16

Started Jun 7, 2011 | Discussions thread
coraxphoto
Junior MemberPosts: 39
Like?
Re: Sigma Bodies are Long Outdated to Compete Mass Market
In reply to DMillier, Jun 8, 2011

All excellent points. I bought my SD14 new for $450 when Cameta Camera was unloading their stock. For that price, I can't gripe too much about the camera's quirkiness. For the money, the SD14 has been a blessing to me. I would never pay what Sigma asks for their DSLR bodies though, especially the SD1. It's a joke. The SD15 is a $600 body at most and not a penny more. The SD1 should never have broken the $2,000 mark. If it ends up being as quirky as previous Sigma bodies, it should never pass $1,000 new asking price.

Yes, I have gotten some amazing and impressive images with my SD14. I've also gotten a ton of screwed up and lost images that are the fault of the camera and not me. It most certainly is not a general purpose, all around shooting camera. I fail to see the great trade off there. It's like work place evaluations. Just about everyone can do a great job at work once in a while for review, but not so many can do so every day.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow