Started Jun 7, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jman09
New MemberPosts: 22
Like?
Need help deciding of M4/3 camera
Jun 7, 2011

I just sold my Digital Rebel XTi and 430 exII flash(which was barely used). And my 55-250 and Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 non-vc lens are still on eBay.

I sold that system because it wan't getting used all that often. Only getting used when I go on vacation or to baseball games, which was 3-4 times since last July. When I first got it I would take it to family and friend gatherings, but then left it home more and more. So, I sold it in order to get a smaller system.

I am looking at the E-PL2 w/ kit lens for $549 on Amazon.
Or a refurbished E-PL1 w/ kit for $344 on Amazon.

Are the added features of the E-PL2 worth the $200? And if I got the PL1, I would be able to get one of the prime lenses sooner then getting the PL2.

And lastly, I was also considering the Oly XZ-1 about $470 on Amazon. I really liked that 2.8 lens of the Tamron with my XTi. And like how the XZ-1 has a bigger aperture all the way through the zoom range then the Tamron. One negative of the XZ-1 is the smaller sensor.

Any help would be appreciated. I've been going crazy flipping back and forth between sites.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow