SD15 autofocus poll

Started Jun 6, 2011 | Discussions thread
Tom Schum
Senior MemberPosts: 3,622Gear list
Like?
Re: SD15 autofocus poll
In reply to rick decker, Jun 7, 2011

rick decker wrote:

Tom: The SD15 wins he color contest hands-down IMHO. It would be interesting to see Carl's example where the SD14 is better.

Not sure Carl says it is better, just different:
http://www.rytterfalk.com/2011/05/31/product-photography-in-rain/

For the subject matter (hi-tech electric bicycles) I think it is very appropriate.

Like I said, Carl is very very good at it. I like the look of these photos (at the moment it is what you see when you go to his home page but the link will take you to the specific shoot if he changes his home page in the next few days).

You mentioned you have the 85. Do you have to adjust it for metering differences? I need to shoot mine at +.7 much of the time.

We probably use our lenses differently. I use my lens inside a church for low light stuff frequently. Last week I was shooting at -0.3. Exposure was OK but focus was poor (it backfocused). I have not seen a need to shoot at any +EV settings with any of my lenses. Maybe my SD15 gives metering results a little bit (or a lot) differently than yours.
--
Tom Schum

Tom Schum's gear list:Tom Schum's gear list
Sigma DP2 Sigma DP3 Merrill Fujifilm X-E1 Sigma 50mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Samyang 85mm F1.4 Aspherical IF +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow