Forum ProPosts: 32,975Gear list
Like?
Re: What odd length zooms?
In reply to papillon_65, Jun 7, 2011

papillon_65 wrote:

Raist3d wrote:

papillon_65 wrote:

Raist3d wrote:

It's very interesting that you talk about double standards when I even acknowledge the shg lenses are better lenses. Also interestin because what starte the sub threadwere two questionable claims Ic you had no comment on that

I wasn't referring to the lenses, more the consistent criticising of the E-5 by people who neither own nor use one, compared to the reaction from the usual few on here when someone has the audacity to criticise another brand. Hypocrisy doesn't even begin to cover it.

Hypocrisy indeed from many here. If you look carefully I don't see any problem with validly criticizing another brand. Look at my replies here, where I even ended up (gasp) recommending an E-5!:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1022&message=38570520

But in this sub thread someone made two claims:

• That pentax zooms are all weird focal lengths

• that pentax primes are the pancakes.

Well all I can say to that is, in the words of Shaggy, "it wasn't me"

That it wasn't you or not is well besides the point. The point is, I was very clear on what I was questioning and it wasn't bashing of any kind. And what I pointed out was not hypocrisy at all. I asked very simple questions and I even welcomed corrections. And you jumped in with nonsense too. So that you didn't say that is well besides the point. And you dare to bring hypocrisy on my side. Please.

I questioned because I don't believe them to be true. Then I offered any corrections. How exactly is this hypocrisy?

Witness the last load of nonsense when certain people tried to make such a big deal out of moire, like it's anything new or even particular to the E-5.

There are indeed some cases where it is new to the E-5, sorry. That's been my experience also (yes, I said my experience). But to me personally, it doesn't bother me, I rather have the extra detail. That said, I would like to test a few wedding situations before I felt all cozzy about using it in a wedding because of some dresses, but I am thinking it will most likely (98%) not be a problem.

I can't see how moire can be "new" to the E-5? it either exhibits it or it doesn't. It does on the odd occasion, but so do all cameras with a very light AA filter, nothing new there at all.

Different situations will increase the frequency of this while others will diminish it. It's good to know when particularly if you are doing paid work so you can watch for it. This shouldn't be taken as a bash but as knowing equipment better. Pro or cons or tradeoff, it's good to know.

The only people concerned about it were people who don't even own or use the camera. Kind of ironic when you consider the nonchalance to it by those that do use it.

I am not going to say everyone is all objective. I think this happens from both sides. But I can only speak for myself.

I would consider myself objective as well, and I have and do criticise Olympus at times, but there comes a time when every body knows your opinion and there is no need to keep repeating it ad infinitum. That then gives the impression of an agenda, whether there is or not.

Which is incredibly stupid of you to say because if you look up as I mentioned, I was asking two simple questions on two claims that were quite questionable. Unless of course, you are accusing me of an agenda of truth. In that case, guilty as charged.

-- hide signature --

It's a known fact that where there's tea there's hope.
Tony
http://the-random-photographer.blogspot.com/

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- "You are taking life too seriously if it bugs you in some way that a guy quotes himself in the .sig quote" - Ricardo

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WellNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow