Nex5, Om and leica M lenses/adapter.

Started Jun 6, 2011 | Discussions thread
blue_skies
Senior MemberPosts: 6,884Gear list
Like?
Re: Nex5, Om and leica M lenses/adapter.
In reply to marco ricci, Jun 6, 2011

Same here, love the OM lenses - small and compact.
I have 7 (old) legacy OM lenses getting a new lease on life.

marco ricci wrote:

just bought a nex5 + 16 2.8kit.

i bought 2kiwi adapterto use with few Olympus om lenses (28 2.8, 50 1.8, 100 2.8, 135 3.5)

adapter are not so cheap (some like 40$ each here in europe) but quality is not so good.

are all metal, not so well finished, om lenses lock firmly, but you need a good pressionto lock the lens in the adapter.

100 and135work great, 50 is great too, but infinity focus it seem to me a little short, but not really a problem. 28 mm it seem short to infinity, one of the 2 adapter it seem a little better than the other.

i bought the kiwi, hoping for a better quality on an "unlabeled" cheap chinese adapter, but may be i have the same quality.

i bought even a metabones adapter for leicaM, i use it with a summicron 35.

it's great. quality and finition are great, it lock firmly and precise on camera and lenses, focus go a little beyond infinity, and it's really nice to see.

here u can see some holydays shots with omlenses (and 2 withthe 16 2.8)

http://www.riccimarco.com/varie/nex5

om lenses are really good and compact (even if show some CA, specially the 100 wide open) so bad they need an adapter almost 3 cm long

blue_skies's gear list:blue_skies's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha 7 Sony a6000 +30 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow