Disappointed with Tamron 70-200mm F/2.8 lens

Started Jun 4, 2011 | Discussions thread
Just Having Fun
Senior MemberPosts: 3,869
Like?
Re: Disappointed with Tamron 70-200mm F/2.8 lens
In reply to GodSpeaks, Jun 6, 2011

It may be that it does not work well with the A55 or that it was user error. I normally shoot with the Sony 70-200 and it works almost perfectly for me.

I hope I did not come across as being negative, because the IQ of the lens on non-moving subjects was great..and you can't beat the lens price.

GodSpeaks wrote:

Just Having Fun wrote:

When it focuses correctly on my A55, it is very good. So far that is about 10% of the time and 0% when the subject is moving. I was shooting outdoors in bright sunlight and it appeared to focus quickly. Alas, it did not.

My Tamron 70-200 on my A850 focuses quickly and accurately about 99% of the time. The times when it misses is when the AF sensor is on an undefined area (ie: on an area with no contrast).

Gotta say, I am VERY happy with my Tamron. I also find it to be very very sharp. I would find it hard to believe that I could get an additional $1000 worth of value out of the Sony equivalent.

Maybe there is something wrong with your lens, or possibly your camera.

-- hide signature --

The greatest of mankind's criminals are those who delude themselves into thinking they have done 'the right thing.'

• Rayna Butler

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow