ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
imqqmi
imqqmi MOD
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,473Gear list
Like?
Italy trip part 2
Jun 5, 2011

This is the second part of the Italy trip. From the hectic city of Rome -though with many great cities you don't really feel it when you're in it- we went to the Villa.

I think this was a fruit tree with a small though more decorative looking ladder. Everyone took a photo of it so I couldn't pass it up either

My birthday was on our second day their and this is what I woke up to every morning:

I was surprised by the presents I got and baked them a delicious apple pie in return (very sweet, the apple pie too) Hip hip huray!

Olivia could be hardly contained, behave yourself Olivia

One of those clear nights I took this star trail of the villa (or half of it). At some point the lights were turned of as the others went to bed:

One of the many castles in the area. We didn't actually got to go there because there are so many we went to, yep we were spoiled:

We took a little climb in the local stone quarry, spotted these rare mammels in their natural habitat:

We saw some people around but we didn't want them there so we let out our secret weapon:

You can imagine they hightailed off the cliff at an inhumanly pace:

Jason hit something hard on the road, big solid jolt, I saw something flash by, turned out to be a hubcap. We were all fine luckily but there was a hole in the tire and the hub was dented. At every rotation of the wheel you could hear a small amount of air escaping.

In Sienna we went looking for a service shop and they repaired it. Free of charge no less, so we were impressed by the Italian/Sianese people to say the least!

We continued happily on our way in Siena. In the center market square 'Piazza del Campo'. People were lounging there:

Eating pizza, and drinking beer. Apperntly this is not officially allowed, they'd probably prefer us sitting at the small cafes instead. Luckily no police was around and we weren't bothered and injoyed our pizzas:

Duomo di Siena, outside, tried some creative framing:

And inside:

It was really dark so I used the 30mm f/1.4 prime wide open:

Lots of organs, in each wing I think I could find 2 organs:

Lots of paintings and frescos, not as detailed but certainly as beatiful as in Vatican City:

Some street shots:

From the Tower around the golden hours after 300 stairs climb:

Driving around the little hill towns was great. Some abandoned and even in use monestaries, castles and churches were within a one day trip about 50km under Siena.

3 blended shots:

Entrance to the mines of Moria:

Many quaint little villages:

Typical Tuscan scenery:

The poppyfields were amazing there and spend some time shooting:

More

And More:

But of course there's also wildlife but it was hard to spot them. Here are a couple:
Roe deer mother:

And its cute Bambi

On the last day we spotted this fox roaming around the villa. The others took their torches to light it so that I could manually focus in live mode and shot this handheld. It was very difficult to focus but still managed a couple sharp shots. It was after the cat food the owner put outside near the front door. The eyes are lit up because I had to use flash, was too lazy to remove 'red' eyes:

I can go on endlessly but I'd better stop, if you're interested in the other shots I've posted on my gallery, you can find them here:
http://www.pbase.com/imqqmi/toscana_italy

Thanks for making it all the way to the end! Hope you enjoyed my journey!

-- hide signature --
 imqqmi's gear list:imqqmi's gear list
Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
LOL!New
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow