Started Jun 5, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Fulcanelli
Regular MemberPosts: 375
Like?
Best DSLR for Under $1,500
Jun 5, 2011

I am about to buy a new camera, a DSLR. I have one in mind but would like to sort through some of your suggestions as to which camera will suit my needs best.

I do A LOT of shooting and the point and shoots I have been buying usually last me a year or so before they start developing problems. I do not abuse my equipment and have never dropped a camera, don't leave it in a hot car, etc. But after about 1-1-1/2 years, the problems start popping up. I've been through eight different cameras, and my Fuji HS10 is starting to burst at the seams. I really liked that camera.

I do a lot of urban shooting, some nature. I will probably pick up a telephoto lens down the road for nature shots and some of the places where I shoot are not exactly friendly, so the telephoto serves me well in those situations. I had a Canon Rebel XTi some years ago but did not like that camera at all.

I want a camera that will give me excellent images and last a few years. I'd like something that is ruggedly built. The price must be below $1500. This is just for a camera and a standard kit lens, or possibly a body and a lens of my choice, but a total still under $1500.

What do you suggest as the best camera for that kind of money? I just want to get some input about some cameras I possibly haven't considered.

Thanks.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow