Started Jun 5, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
wiwi
Senior MemberPosts: 2,123Gear list
Like?
My version of Rome
Jun 5, 2011

As you may have seen from Josha's (imqqmi) thread last week, I was with him when he shot his Roman Masterpieces. Unfortunately, greatness is not catching :P, however here are some of my shots from Rome as promised. I hope you'll forgive the separate thread but the further removed my shots are from his the better

My time in Rome started with a spanking day walking through the Trastevere - lovely area across the river and I highly recommend a visit!

My brother and I then met up with Josha who made us get up really early to get to the Vatican before the crowds, a good move!

Here he is composing one of the shots you may remember from his thread (my brother is near the fountain)

We then proceeded to walk the entire length of Rome, stopping at the Piazza Navona...

marvelling at the Pantheon (and trying to distract security from the tripod)..

making friends with the locals....

trying to imagine what life must have been like in Ancient Rome...

and wondering what this amazing structure must have looked like in its heyday..

you've already seen Josha's take on the Colesseum at night and I have one very similar so here is the other, less seen side.

That's probably enough to bore you for now! From Rome we moved onto Tuscany but I'll leave that for another time - I'm sure Josha will be posting his gems from there anytime soon.

Thanks for making it this far and have a great week!

Cheers Olivia

-- hide signature --

The world is too big for one lifetime, and one lens.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/oliviamair/

wiwi's gear list:wiwi's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Canon EOS 550D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +3 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
DaveNew
Y0GINew
imqqmi MOD
IanNew
OlgaNew
ianNew
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow