Maximising Camera Gear in Airline Carry-On Luggage

Started Jun 3, 2011 | Discussions thread
Hen3ry
Senior MemberPosts: 9,228Gear list
Like?
Some excellent advice here, make that "activity vest" ...
In reply to andrewbdub, Jun 5, 2011

... lightweight cotton, so you can wear it at destination to keep the geart a bit distributed when you re out and about. I wouldn't use a dedicated camera bag either -- my preference would be (well, is ) a small backpack with a home made cradle in it.

You don't need instant access to all your gear, you just need to anticipate what pix you are going to take, prepare your gear and have it around your neck, and then be free to concentrate on the pictures.

All the lenses you can manage? I would be looking at two or three maximum. So you're doing the two weddings -- what do you want a heap of lenses for to take them? And after that, it is a holiday, right? Do you want to spend all your time lugging around a ruddy great camera case as big as a small coffin? In backpacker type places? You must be joking!

(I'm speaking from experience, by the way.)

Cheers, geoff
--
Geoffrey Heard

http://pngtimetraveller.blogspot.com/2010/12/what-does-standard-of-living-mean-in.html

Hen3ry's gear list:Hen3ry's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow