ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ccd
ccd
Regular MemberPosts: 370
Like?
In defense of the K-r (and the 50-200)
Jun 4, 2011

This is in response to the thread in this forum about the bad rap (or at least the perception of one) the K-r seems to be getting......along with the much maligned 50-200. Some of the other "handicaps" include:

• it's a JPEG

• it's been slightly cropped (as well as resized by the photo hosting site)

• it's on the supposedly "soft" longest end of the focal length (200mm)

No, it's not perfect. The bokeh could be better, and there are a couple of places on the whites of both shirts with slightly blown highlights (my fault).....but all things considered I felt like there is a lot of detail there and the parts that are in focus are spot on. I can vouch for the color accuracy on the uniforms and the vivid shoes. To me, the scene has been rendered by the K-r true to life as I remember it on that day......so I'm not sure how much more I could ask.

After learning how to use the AF-C correctly, I have been getting consistently good and properly focused shots like this one.....and I can't begin to tell you how nice 6fps is for these kinds of sports.

As I stated in the bad rap thread I purchased my K-r brand new with two lens kit for $495.....that's the same price I paid for my 4 year old *istDL with just the 18-55. I couldn't be happier with the upgrade of not only the camera, but the surprisingly good results from the 50-200.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow