ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mrkr
Contributing MemberPosts: 718
Like?
Just got my DP2x from Amazon
Jun 3, 2011

here in Germany.

Compared to my old DP2, here some things which have been improved (I should note
that I have exactly the same settings in both my old DP2 and the DP2x)

• Better LCD. The colours are better and I get the impression that the white (or black) point of the LCD is much better calibrated.

• Snappy. very snappy autofocus. And I already had the latest firmeware on my DP2, with a considerable autofocus improvement with one of the latest firmeware updates (I forgot the version). Seriously: the DP2x focuses almost instantly (at normal distances; macro is (because of the larger range to cover) a bit slower, but still very good!).

• Noise when the lens moves (especially at startup or shutdown) much better (ie less noise - not that this has bothered me much before, to be honest).

All in all: very positive intial impressions - I'm going to take the camera on a spin tomorrow and I'm curious how the pictures will look like.

I will probably post a few samples tomorrow.

P.S.:

The DP2x for my purposes still doesn't have a serious contender (neither the Leica X1 nor the Fuji X100 for instance have tempted me so far to switch).

P.P.S:

Looking forward to SPP 5.0!!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow