ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Just got my DP2x from Amazon
Jun 3, 2011

here in Germany.

Compared to my old DP2, here some things which have been improved (I should note
that I have exactly the same settings in both my old DP2 and the DP2x)

• Better LCD. The colours are better and I get the impression that the white (or black) point of the LCD is much better calibrated.

• Snappy. very snappy autofocus. And I already had the latest firmeware on my DP2, with a considerable autofocus improvement with one of the latest firmeware updates (I forgot the version). Seriously: the DP2x focuses almost instantly (at normal distances; macro is (because of the larger range to cover) a bit slower, but still very good!).

• Noise when the lens moves (especially at startup or shutdown) much better (ie less noise - not that this has bothered me much before, to be honest).

All in all: very positive intial impressions - I'm going to take the camera on a spin tomorrow and I'm curious how the pictures will look like.

I will probably post a few samples tomorrow.

P.S.:

The DP2x for my purposes still doesn't have a serious contender (neither the Leica X1 nor the Fuji X100 for instance have tempted me so far to switch).

P.P.S:

Looking forward to SPP 5.0!!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow