apple want to deny you your right to take photos (IR 'kill switch')

Started Jun 3, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
linuxworks
Forum ProPosts: 18,937
Like?
apple want to deny you your right to take photos (IR 'kill switch')
Jun 3, 2011

http://appft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PG01&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsrchnum.html&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=%2220110128384%22.PGNR.&OS=DN/20110128384&RS=DN/20110128384

nice, huh?

"For example, an infrared emitter could be located in areas where picture or video capture is prohibited, and the emitter could generate infrared signals with encoded data that includes commands to disable the recording functions of devices. An electronic device could then receive the infrared signals, decode the data and temporarily disable the device's recording function based on the command. ... In some embodiments, a device may apply a watermark to detected images as an alternative to completely disabling a recording function."

apple scares the cr-p out of me. who the hell ARE they working for? consumers or someone else? I really wonder, sometimes. there is no upside to this for citizens . none that I can see - can you?

-- hide signature --
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow