Started Jun 3, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mike_2008
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,635Gear list
Like?
Rumoured third SLT camera to be announced
Jun 3, 2011

Parrotting SAR isn't really useful I know, but this piece of news could be quite important, particularly in light of the cancellation of the A850 and A900.

SAR report ( http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sr4-surprise-a77-is-not-the-only-translucent-camera-to-be-announced-in-july/ ) that the A77 is not the only camera that will be announced in July, but that there is a third (after the a35 and a77).

Three possibilities (at least) exist:

A44 - between entry and mid, where A450 was

A57 - A55 update

A99 - FF

They just announced that the A850 and A900 are finished; we know they continue to produce FF sensors for Nikon, so perhaps they squeezed one into an SLT earlier than previously thought...

One of the techy Sony guys said in an interview last year that they wouldn't put FF into SLT untile the EVF was at least as good as OVF. Perhaps (and this is where I'm going a bit far, I know) the new OLED EVF is so good that they realised they could go there right now.

Exciting times!

-- hide signature --

The fact that a-mount lenses are still worth any money at all is thanks to the success of SLT.

mike_2008's gear list:mike_2008's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Sony SLT-A55 Sony SLT-A77 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +5 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow