D7000 - Class 6 or Class 10 ??

Started Jun 2, 2011 | Discussions thread
cdubman
Regular MemberPosts: 383
Like?
Re: Great deals for Sandisk UHS-I at Adorama
In reply to madecov, Jun 3, 2011

That's a great price considering you get the extras besides the 16gb extreme pro.

I've done some testing (not proclaiming to be scientific or definitive). Wrote about it in length in other threads up here.

In my experience, bottom line is that the Sandisk Extreme Pro and the Extreme perform much faster than the cheapo class 10 PNY, Lexar Pro 133 and a Transcend class 6 that I tried. In my mind, the Lexar didn't seem like a great value for the performance, but you might be paying for the build quality.

Surprisingly, in camera the Extreme Pro wasn't much faster than the Extreme. In fact, in my tests (I did 10,15,20,30 continuous frame tests recording both the time to capture photos and time to clear buffer) the Extreme Pro was only marginally faster (I'm talking hundredths of a second).

I ended up keeping the Extreme Pro in slot 1 and the Extreme in slot 2.

madecov wrote:

Cabowner wrote:

Just bought 2 of these last night, Can't wait to try them on my D7000!

http://www.adorama.com/IDS16GEPUHSK.html?emailprice=t&utm_term=Other&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=Email0531SanDisk&utm_source=ET
--
cabowner

I'm running the 8G version in my D7000. Great card and way faster
--

In god we trust, all others are suspects

Licensed firearms dealer in Houston, Texas

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow