Started Jun 3, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
brecklundin
Senior MemberPosts: 1,694Gear list
Like?
GPS unit is nice but where is our tethering support...real tethering I mean
Jun 3, 2011

It's great for those who have fun out under the stars but I can buy a $50 GPS logger that will add GPS data to my files as I copy them from the card. So even if this device added GPS info to shots as they are taken it's going to slow down recording them to the card as well as occupy the hotshoe when using it just to add GPS data at times when a flash might be useful.

What will it do to burst mode speed? Who cares, many of us want and really need real tethering again not a $250 device that can be replaced for 95% of photographers by a simple $50 device.

I have no use for the Astrotracking stuff but don't think this is a bad product just one of limited use to a small subset of photographers that is no smaller than those who have been clamoring to get tethering BACK for four bodies now, well, since the K-7, K-x, K-5, 645D came out all w/o the tethering officially supported was eliminated without any announcement from HoyaTax.

Time for some love from HoyaTax rather than them just sticking their hand farther into our pockets.

-- hide signature --

Real men shoot Pentax because we were born with our own Canons!!
{Ok...ok, some of use just shoot with a PnS but it always makes me happy! :D}

brecklundin's gear list:brecklundin's gear list
Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 43mm F1.9 Limited Pentax smc FA 77mm 1.8 Limited Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.8 Macro Limited Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM +1 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow