Whatever happened to Patience and Contentment??

Started Jun 1, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rick decker
Forum ProPosts: 11,967
Like?
Whatever happened to Patience and Contentment??
Jun 1, 2011

Whatever happened to "Patience"?

I had my Nikon film system for 5 years before I upgraded. I had to wait for the F3 to come down in price before I could afford it. I thought it was overpriced when it first came out and figured I would just wait it out. In this day and age we are bombarded with and brainwashed by a barrage of advertising implying the need to upgrade to the next version of a product every year or so. We now believe we have a right to have a new, upgraded and (hopefully) better version of the mouse trap on a regular basis. Camera manufacturers are right up there with car dealers. Software companies follow suit. Sports equipment mfrs are another group. All we hear is "You want it...you need it...you have to have it...right now". If something doesn't come out on time or if it doesn't appear to be a good deal, people start to b i t c h as if their rights have been violated.

A number of people have talked about jumping ship and I have to ask "What's the hurry?

There have been enough emails to Sigma that they know they have a problem. They will not get enough sales to keep the price high. I don't expect the price to drop next week or the week after but they will realize this and the price will drop in the not-to-distant future.

So why not be patient? What's your hurry?

What ever happened to "Contentment"?

What is wrong with using your DP1/2 or SD14/15/ 9/10 for a few more months? Are the cameras that bad that you can't wait to get rid of them? Can't you wait to see production images? If Sigma said "Oh we have a year's delay", I would just shoot what I have now and be content to wait.

Whatever happened to Patience and Contentment?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow