Started May 31, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Arvoredo
New MemberPosts: 16
Like?
Sony HX9V GPS add (not) geotagging
May 31, 2011

I've bought the HX5V last year solely because of the geotagging capability. I thought it was an outstanding feature, but one that could be improved.

Of course, when the HX9V came out, the HX5V being an excellent geotagging camera, maybe the HX9V should be okay too, right? Nope.

The HX9V would acquie the fix from the satellites outdoors, but whenever the camera was indoors it would lose the signal immediately, having to go through all the process of acquiring the fix again and having just seconds to take a picture with geotagging, even if the camera was left on. It didn't store the fix for one full minute. The message NO GPS SIGNAL would replace the full signal (the infamous three bars would disappear).

The HX5V on the other hand stored the fix for weeks at a time, until the battery or memory was removed.

Can the HX9V store the fix just like the HX5V did? Otherwise the GPS geotagging shall become useless for me, since most of my photos are taken indoors.

I've downloaded http://control.d-imaging.sony.co.jp/GPS/assistme.dat fix file but of course this didn't improve the indoor problem.

Once in a while I've got a message that the GPS could look for satellites in a confined area or something like that, but this didn't improve geotagging at all.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow