Started May 31, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mibu2011
Contributing MemberPosts: 553
Like?
7D Lens Recommendation?
May 31, 2011

I have almost decided to buy the 7D over the 60D (unless anyone can tell me I am doing the wrong thing) and would like to ask advice on which Lens or lenses i should add.

Let me firstly explain, I am not a pro by any means but I am what I think is commonly referred to as a "Pixel Peeper" I like sharp focus. I look to take pictures of people, animals and zoom to 100% and not see a soft image on the focus points. That drives me nuts. Yes I can pp afterwars but I like very sharp focus points.

I don't want to carry around 20 lenses with me when I am on holiday or out and about but I get the feeling that trying to cater for all in one lens isn't going to be possible? For example with the new Tamron 18-270 are you sacrificing quality for convenience?

I know that there is no point in putting inferior lenses on a good body but I am not a pro so don't want to spend out thousands just on lenses.

Am I looking to achive what isn't possible or is there a 7D / Lens combination that will provide what I am looking for. I suppose the range I would shoot in would be between 16 and 300 which is why I thought maybe the Tamron 18-270.

Ideally I would like something 400-500 for wildlife as well but I just can't see me lugging around a huge heavy lens.

Any help please?

Cheers.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow