Started May 30, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Vordhosbn
New MemberPosts: 10
Like?
About new NEX cameras sensors...
May 30, 2011

This is the first time I write in this forum, so hi all.

I'm a m4/3 user. Until now the EVF and the 20mm pancake had more weight for me than the better sensor on the NEX cameras. But the forthcoming NEX-C3 with the 16.2 Mpx sensor already present on the Pentax K5, Nikon D7000 and Sony A580, if true, would make me change my mind. I hike a lot and my main complain about m4/3 is the poor dynamic range for landscapes, which is precisely the strong point on the Sony sensor.

But I've been thinking about that rumor and something sounds strange to me. According to it the NEX-C3 will feature the 16.2 Mpx APS-C sensor but the NEX-7 (and the A77) will use a 24 Mpx one. And I really don't get the point to that. The 16.2 Mpx sensor is less than one year old and is currently the best APS-C sensor, unrivaled by Canon or Panasonic. Only Fuji is somehow close. So why would they launch a camera with a new one so soon? Maybe they have some info about Canon/Nikon mirrorless plans we still don't know? New 18 Mpx Samsung sensor too good? Watching the Mpx increase rate, it seems a nonsense to jump from 16 to 24 in seven months when the rate has been less than 2 extra mpx per year during the past.

I confess I'm new to this side and I'm not used to the way Sony works. Maybe there is nothing wrong with this and a 24 Mpx sensor is coming. I just would like to hear more opinions... What do you think?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow