D7000 Focus problems,a test of 30 shots and focus comparison between d5100 and d7000

Started May 30, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ocean76
Regular MemberPosts: 234
Like?
D7000 Focus problems,a test of 30 shots and focus comparison between d5100 and d7000
May 30, 2011

hi to you all,

I've been following all the threads about d7k focus problems and I'm aware that some people find d7k very sharp and some (including me) find it soft...

I also know that some people are tired of hearing the same things about d7k's focus problems and blame the users for the soft photos I'm not sure whether the facts I've found are the proof of user mistakes or the camera's fault.

Because I had never truly satisfied with my d7k from the 1st day of my purchase, I got a d5100 and still using it with joy.

But the thing is, I also want to use the d7k with joy and and want to be totally convinced that it is as sharp as d5100 or d90(my existing camera) and nothing is wrong with it...

Some people might say that d7k is a more advanced camera and needs to be used right for obtaining a good/sharp photo bec of its less tolerance for user mistakes and I can answer them that I believe I'm doing everything right but still dont get sharp photos as d5100...

So on the weekend I made some focus tests with d7k and some comparison tests between 2 cameras..

At the end if you can convince me that I'm doing sth wrong and there's nothing wrong with the camera then I'd feel verry happy and ltry to avoid those mistakes to obtain sharp photos with my d7k...

I know that d7k is an advanced camera and has lots of great features which I really like so I want to be happy with my d7k if only Im convinced that it is sharp...

Pls share with me what you think about these photos:
before we begin:
+every photo is shot under the same light conditions
+tripod is used for every photo
+delayed shutter is used on each shooting
+each photo is shot as a raw file
+I opened each raw (nef file) in view nx2 at %100 zoom level,
then print screen them and saved the copy as a jpg file and
uploaded them to this gallery...
+you can fnd the exif data on the right side of each photo...
+
my d7k is checked by an authorised Nikon shop and
no back focus problem has found...

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow