ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
imqqmi
imqqmi MOD
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,454Gear list
Like?
Back from vacation Italy
May 30, 2011

I've been to Italy and met with one of the forumites here by the name of Wiwi, together with friends and family. It was a great week to say the least! Man those Aussies sure know their way with vacation, Italy and Cantucci I've greatly enjoyed their company and was glad to be so welcomed in their midst.

The first day we spend in Rome, and after that we enjoyed the quiet of a country villa in the middle of nowhere, just the way we liked it

From that HQ we did plenty of trips to hill towns with histories longer than anyone can remember. We also took some walks through the Forrest and there was a local stone quarry with some nice vistas.

I gave a simple flash workshop there which everyone seemed to enjoy. Hopefully Olivia (Wiwi) will post some shots from that when she recovers from her visit at my place, might take a while

On to the photo's then

The Italian are known for their laundry, shot in Siena:

Lots of churches in Rome, of course the cathedral in Vatican City is the largest. Tripods are not allowed. They are not joking, I've tried So I used the fencing inside as a tripod, after 5 bracketed shots (15 shots in total) I got 1 shot that has all 3 images reasonably sharp.
St Peter Church:

Ceiling of the chapel, blended:

Close up, see those paintings on the ceilings:

Those are not paintings, those are mosaics:

The walk of life dedicated:

The fountain on the San Pietro Piazza

It was very busy in the Pantheon, I tried some long exposures. Olivia lend me her 6 stop ND filter so I could do some 30 seconds exposures as well as much faster so that the sky and clouds have some detail.

The Vatican guard are looking their usual commanding and respectful selves:

Colosseum same story, lots of people but the 6 stopper took care of them:

Colosseum by night. Olivia was the only one brave enough to keep awake even after a 2 day long journey to shoot some night shots in Rome.

After the chaos of Rome we arrived at the pieceful and quit of the Villa, the change was absolute:

Overview in sunset light:

That's it for now, 2nd part will be posted soon! Thanks for looking!
--
Kind regards
Imqqmi

http://www.pbase.com/imqqmi

The DSLR jargon cheatsheet:
http://www.jmbfoto.nl/dslrcheatsheet.pdf

Sunset blending tutorial:
http://www.jmbfoto.nl/tutorial/blendingTutorial01a.pdf

imqqmi's gear list:imqqmi's gear list
Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow