ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BPB
BPB
Contributing MemberPosts: 625
Like?
I Guess I Won't Be Buying A Sigma Body After All
May 28, 2011

Back at the end of January I managed to buy three Sigma SA mount lenses. They are 15mm f/2,8 EX DG Diagonal Fisheye, 50-150mm f/2.8 Mk11 EX and an 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 DC.

I bought them with the SD1 body in mind but I also considered buying an SD14 to bridge the time gap until the SD1 was released. However that did not happen for a couple of reasons so I have had the SA mount lenses tucked away in their boxes in growing anticipation of the SD1 release.

Let me say at this point that I use nikon bodies along with a mix of Nikon and Sigma lenses. I have put off buying a full frame Nikon body because of the statements made by Sigma that the SD1 body would be priced somewhere between the Nikon D300s and the D700. I guess that this is never going to be the case, well not for a long time anyway.

So I guess I will no longer contemplate the SD1 and will go for a Nikon FF body. I also guess there are three Sigma SA mount lenses up for sale.

Oh well, you can't win them all.

BPB (Bryan)

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow