Started May 28, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jumpingjack
Regular MemberPosts: 444
Like?
My first attempt at PP. Go easy please!
May 28, 2011

I have just started shooting in RAW as whatever camera I have used, I have always shot jpg and have never been one for RAW and PP, until now...

I know from a lighting point of view this won't win portrait of the year but I just wanted to have a go at PP and would welcome how I have done for a first attempt and where I could improve.

This was a tricky environment for me to take this shot. It was in a very dimly lit restaurant with hardly any ambient light. The ceiling was black and the walls were also black with a reflective gloss coating. I used an on camera SB-700 pointed straight up with a Flip-it attached to give some bounced/diffused light. Even though this was not direct flash there is still some direct flash appearance on the forehead which I couldn't figure out yet how to remove and for now it is the best I could do.

I would recommend enlarging both to full size to see the difference between the two. The "before" photo is the NEF straight of the camera saved as JPG in Capture NX2. The "after" is also saved as a JPG from Capture NX2 after my PP.

Comments welcome and wanted so I can improve. Please don't go too hard on me and thanks for looking.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow