Started May 28, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DMillier
Forum ProPosts: 17,986
Like?
SD14 green cast cured!
May 28, 2011

It may be a little premature but it's looking good so far. I bought an X-rite colour checker passport and made a DNG profile for my SD14. These only work in LR/ACR but that's where you need them (Sandy showed me SPP has built in correction for the green cast).

With the passport and software, it's just a few seconds to make a profile and it works a treat! I was optimistic because the profile I had downloaded off the web for someone else's SD14 was as good at removing the cast as my best manual colour correction efforts. The new custom profile for my camera is even better. Colour is now so decent, it could have from my Canons!

So far, I only have a profile for midday overcast conditions but it works beautifully for sunshine, sunset shots too. I'll make sunny day profiles and evening profiles as well soon, see if that makes any difference.

The great thing about the profile is that it corrects the cast independently of white balance so I can tweak white balance to taste without having to worry about everything going green/yellow.

-- hide signature --
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow