Interesting Article - LR3 vs. Bridge (and Photoshop?)

Started May 28, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jag64551
Regular MemberPosts: 107Gear list
Like?
Interesting Article - LR3 vs. Bridge (and Photoshop?)
May 28, 2011

First of all, let me preface this by saying that I am not a professional photographer, however I do some work for clients and as a hobby, and am always looking to get better. I believe a big area that I need to improve is my post-production. Currently I use Photoshop CS4, and Bridge/ACR 5.7 (edit the RAWs first, and then bring into PS).

Anyway, I've always wondered if I should make the jump from Bridge/ACR to Lightroom 3. I recently saw a Tweet by Canon, which linked to this interesting guide for photographers, in which more than 20 "leading photographers" were polled on what they do and what they use. I was pretty shocked to see that 90% use LR3, and hardly anyone uses Bridge/ACR. Here is a link to the guide:

http://blog.smartpress.com/photography-we-like/photographers-life-through-the-lens-infographic

So, should I jump ship based on this? I guess I thought the comparison was more even than that. Am I efficient in Bridge/ACR? Yes, enough so (even though I'm not an expert yet). But, does that mean I couldn't be more-so with LR3 and produce better results from my RAW photos?

Opinions?

jag64551's gear list:jag64551's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM +1 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow