Started May 28, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JayBee450d
New MemberPosts: 19
Like?
WINNERS ******Mini-Challenge 287-On The Rocks ******
May 28, 2011

OK, firstly thanks to everyone who entered this week.

There were some fantastic images, choosing the HM's and the winners has been tough! Believe me a big part of me wanted to HM all of you, as I review the list I keep asking myself should I include this or that! You guys have really tested me.

In no particular order here are the HM's

Janzu77

I love the colours and the soft feel of the water from the longer exposure

ctsak

I love the composition and the feeling of desolation, I can imagine being stranded up there in bad weather!

Oilman

What a fantastic shot, despite the warmth in the colour of the rocks in the foreground, I get an overwhelming feeling that the water would be freezing!
The snowy mountain reflected in the lake give another great lead in line.

Phil House

Fantastic - It looks as if the penguin was staring you down there! Everything about the image works for me, the colours the DoF and that look!!

Edward in Toronto

Really nailed the challenge here, having the people "on the rocks" really gives an idea of scale.

AvyMan

A really abstract find and it's most certainly "on the rocks" I'd love to know what's holding them all in place!

And so, on to the top 3
In 3rd place Silmarie's Lion

One of the last entries and it had me back to the drawing board to shuffle the leader board!

That's one monster Lion and not looking too happy at being the subject of your shot!

2nd place goes to Greg1701

You went for the abstract take on the challenge theme and you nailed it. If HRC don't have this on their wall, then they should! A really interesting perspective, it screams Americana to me

And the winner is....
Lewynn

Congratulations, this shot had a bit of everything, great composition, warmth, very atmospheric and reminds me of long summer evenings as a child by the beach, even the gulls are sharp in the distance.

Congratulations and I look forward to the task you set us!

Thanks once again for ALL your entries.

John

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow