Started May 26, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
filmrescue
Contributing MemberPosts: 647
Like?
Datacolor vs X-rite/NEC screen cali?
May 26, 2011

In that past I'd been doing my screen calibration using the Datacolor spyder hardware/software. I've recently purchase a NEC multisync pa241w screen with x-rite probe and software.

Why when my settings for calibration are identical with the Datacolor and x-rite/NEC calibration systems, my monitor balances are wildly different. The Datacolor when set to print standard in calibration is very red while the NEC appears a bit warm but comes very close to matching the print output. While the Datacolor system does produce a better profile than what comes with the monitor its pretty miserable for print matching. What's going on here?

I have three monitors and while the lovely NEC occupies the center position I would like to have others at least be close. I wish i could use the X-rite probe that came with the NEC but I don't have software that will allow me to do that...is there are work around? Would that make a difference?

thanks

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow