The latest on D7000 skin tones?

Started May 24, 2011 | Discussions thread
Foto1818
New MemberPosts: 17
Like?
Swedish Hambern - Please Give up.
In reply to Mako2011, May 26, 2011

No point trying to fight.

I for one support your point and I'm a D7000 owner (previously a canon user). I really hate the pinkish/orange/yellowish cast on the skin tones of Nikon cameras from D80/D90/D300/D700/D7000 default settings, especially when the photos are taken indoors without using Bounce Flash. Of course you can prevent the pinkish/orange/yellowish skin tones but you have to do some hard work. Since this is Nikon's default color tones.

If you search the Dpreview forum, 3-4 years ago people were already arguing about Nikon default having warmer colors and Canon having cooler colors.

If you do some research majority of people are more attracted to warmer colors. Hence you can't argue with them that the skin tones look funny, because they like it. LOL.

Hence , people who have been using Nikon for years they are used to these color tones (Example, Go to Kenrockwell web page and look at his indoors photos. Shocking Pinkish/orange skin tones. But he seems to like it very much, When he test Canon camera's he actually tweak the WB to be more AMBER (warmer)!!!.

I have gone through the exercise to taking photos of the same object using a canon and a nikon. And easilly you can see Nikon colors in standard Jpeg settings are warmer (Far warmer than the actual object). Hence under indoor lighthing conditions more often then not, you will get severe orange/yellow cast during Jpg shootings.

I did a blind test by asking a friend to take photos of same object using a canon and nikon. I was able to tell him which photos was taken with a canon and which is from a nikon. I was a long time canon users before I switch to D7000. Hence I know what canon color is.

Lastly Nikon brand is Yellow in color. I reckon Nikon intentionally make their default settings with yellow cast as their signature. LOL.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
;-)New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow