The latest on D7000 skin tones?

Started May 24, 2011 | Discussions thread
antoineb
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,319Gear list
Like?
could you try portraits at normal distance and w/o flash please?
In reply to Swedish Hambern, May 26, 2011

thanks for posting these shots

I see that your style is definitely about distorting faces at close range - for this use you would be just as well serve with any compact, and it would be cheaper and lighter to carry. Just a suggestion

On these shots you seem to have used flash, at very close range.

So you use flash, at very close range, and then complain. Hmmm.

Why would flash be needed here? If for fill-in, there's too much of it. It seems like a nice bright day.

Try the same shots without flash maybe?

Again: do the test suggested by rhlpetrus: portrait, by a window, sunlight, normal distance. I bet it will be fine. I could get weird skin tones anytime if I tried a mix of too close with too much flash, CFL lighting, neon, all at the same 4800K colour temp 'cause i can't be bothered to change it

P.S. and what's that thing with, "I don't own my D70 today". So do you own this camera, or not? Or are you just dreaming that it might give better results, but based only on whatever you've seen on the Web, without ever owning one?

antoineb's gear list:antoineb's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ18 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 Olympus TG-610 Nikon D7000 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
;-)New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow