The latest on D7000 skin tones?

Started May 24, 2011 | Discussions thread
sic0048
Regular MemberPosts: 403
Like?
Re: More examples
In reply to Swedish Hambern, May 25, 2011

Swedish Hambern wrote:

Strange that this forum is not plagued with threads about how to solve this critical flaw on the D7000/D5100 cameras. And worst of all, if you listen to Thom Hogan, this is not a Picture Control thing but a sensor thing, and that means that it does not help to shoot in RAW.

I don't understand the "it does not help to shoot in RAW" comment. The whole idea about shooting in RAW is that you have the image data and can manipulate it without destroying the original data. So if the pictures look a little too orange (something I have not noticed on my D7000), then I can always change either the color temp if I suspect it is a white balance issue, or the HSL settings if it is a specific color I want to change, and get a result I am happy with.

Swedish Hambern wrote:

So, you who actually is totally satisfied with your D7000's or D51000's how do you get around this skin tone issue?

If it really was an issue with my pictures, I would correct it in post processing. Simple and yet another argument why shooting in anything but RAW is just stupid. (I'm just saying that for everyone - I don't know if you shoot in RAW or JPEG and my comment is not meant to be an attack on you).

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
;-)New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow