ACDSee Pro 4 my experience

Started May 25, 2011 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Contributing MemberPosts: 541
ACDSee Pro 4 my experience
May 25, 2011

I thought I would give you my thoughts on the ACDSee Pro 4 software. Bottom line I like it better than Lightroom 3. My experience is as follows.

1. Manage files – ACDSee is much faster and more intuitive. It does not create the confusing (to me) sub folders that clutter up my hard drive. I don’t have to do back flips and contortions to import my pictures. ACDSee is simple, fast and straightforward.

2. View files – ACDSee Pro 4 handles all my raw files super fast. It does all the stuff you need in terms of labeling, organizing and searching. Lightroom 3 is good at this too but I found the ACDSee to be more intuitive and a much easier learning curve for me.

3. Process files – The ACDSee software provides the usual adjustments one would expect and it does a great job. What I really liked was the intuitive and very easy to use color adjustment and shadow/highlight enhancing tools. Just click and move your mouse. There was not anything I ever did in Lightroom 3 that I could not do in ACDSee Pro 4. For 90% of my pictures this is all I ever need to do. For the other 10% I use Photoshop CS5 which I also have to do with Lightroom 3.

One disadvantage of the ACDSee is the lack of video instructions. You type in Lightroom 3 and you are deluged with online instructions and videos. While the ACDSee is more intuitive it would be nice to find more detailed video instructions than are on the ACDSee web site. I always find video instruction helpful even for stuff I have already learned and know how to do.

I hope this is helpful to some. It is however just my personal opinion.

ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow