Epson 2880 vs 3880

Started Feb 7, 2011 | Discussions thread
DaiG
Contributing MemberPosts: 996
Like?
Re: Epson 2880 vs 3880
In reply to Anthony.Ralph, May 25, 2011

I was in your position and came to the same conclusion and went for the 3880 a month ago . . . I watched the prices daily (they move about a lot) and got it for £920. The lower on-going cost and ability to print A2 were the clinchers

Anthony.Ralph wrote:

As someone who is looking to purchase a new printer in the next few weeks and is looking towards a 3880, but was also considering a 2880 (now complicated by the imminent arrival of the 3000) any thread discussing the merits of such printers is naturally of interest.

What I have learnt, aside from the 'total cost of ownership' in regard to the ink supplied is that the 3880 can handle A2 sized sheets compared with A3 in the smaller printers and the general build quality plus in-factory calibration of each printer offers a higher quality product - logical really as the 3880 is in the Pro range rather than the Photo range.

As the 3880 is not physically much bigger ( + 10cm in width?) this is another mitigation in it's favour for me.

All I have to do now is find the £950+ [c.$1450] including the new 20% VAT rate here in the UK, to actually purchase the thing!

Anthony.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow