Stuck in 2 minds - just wanted to get my thoughts out...

Started May 24, 2011 | Discussions thread
Herts_JoaTMoN
Contributing MemberPosts: 654Gear list
Like?
Re: Stuck in 2 minds - just wanted to get my thoughts out...
In reply to Dennis, May 24, 2011

Dennis wrote:

A faster NEX may be out at some point, but how long can you hold your breath ? What if the next model isn't fast enough, do you keep waiting ?

The a77 isnt due out until October I beleive (will find out more in a few weeks as to the spec), so ill be waiting a little while anyway.

What kind of improvement are you looking for ? You mentioned "keeping up". The A55 will blow the doors off of the NEX. It's a very responsive camera. The A77 may prove more so, at a rumored price of only $250 more, and ought to feature a much improved EVF.

I mainly want faster autofocus at the tele range, but the cheap fast primes are also a factor in me wanting to complement my NEX with an A mount camera. I think it will give me more options to expand as well may be getting a flash further down the line.

The other thing you want to consider is just how responsive the super zooms are. A DSLR with the right lens will definitely handle wildlife; I don't really have any idea how good the super zooms are in that regard.

Im trying to find out this myself. The tamron 18-270 is geting good reviews, but i just read that the sony version does not have image stabilisation, I dont think thats for all models though as I see VC versions available on a mount. But its compact, light, silent and meant to be fast to focus which made it appeal to me.

At one point I got to dreaming about doing more & more with the NEX and less & less with my DSLR, but the more I use the NEX, the more I prefer my DSLR. The NEX if much handier and still the "grab & go" choice, but I expect to own a modest lens lineup for it, and continued reliance on the DSLR for more than just sports.

I think i'd end up in a similar situation.

Herts_JoaTMoN's gear list:Herts_JoaTMoN's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-TX10 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Nikon 1 V1 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow