Stuck in 2 minds - just wanted to get my thoughts out...

Started May 24, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Herts_JoaTMoN
Contributing MemberPosts: 654Gear list
Like?
Stuck in 2 minds - just wanted to get my thoughts out...
May 24, 2011

Been looking forward to the new NEX lenses for a while now, but having recently come back from holiday, I can see the benefit of having a superzoom. But at £700 it is an expensive lens and at the 200 end id like to be shooting some more action shots and animals/ birds etc. Not sure if the NEX is up to the job as I fear it wont be able to keep up.

This got me thinking that maybe I should get a second camera now that im getting more serious about my photography. With the a77 on the horizon, I could get that (not seen estimated prices yet, £700 body only??). I dont see the a55 as enough of an improvement over the NEX to warrent investment.
a superzoom (perhaps the Tamron 18-200 or 18-270 (£170 / £500)
Sony 30 2.8 MACRO or SONY 28 2.8 (£160 / £200)
Sony 50 1.4 (£310)

Id then have a good ranges of lenses, potentially 3 for £640 if I chose the cheaper options above and a Body that is more capable in some situations than my NEX.

Id keep the NEX as my daily carry around camera with the 18-55. Also use it for landscape work and out on my bike with the 16 and sometimes with the 12mm adaptor. And use the a77 for days when i want to do some more serious shooting.

Or, I will stick with the NEX and buy lenses in similar ranges to the ones above once they are available. I have a feeling they will all be quite pricey though due to the silent motors and form factor etc.

Decisions decisions...

Herts_JoaTMoN's gear list:Herts_JoaTMoN's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-TX10 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Nikon 1 V1 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +3 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow