The latest on D7000 skin tones?

Started May 24, 2011 | Discussions thread
digitalman4242
Senior MemberPosts: 1,469
Like?
Re: More examples
In reply to Swedish Hambern, May 24, 2011

Strange that this forum is not plagued with threads about how to solve this critical flaw on the D7000/D5100 cameras. And worst of all, if you listen to Thom Hogan, this is not a Picture Control thing but a sensor thing, and that means that it does not help to shoot in RAW.

So, you who actually is totally satisfied with your D7000's or D51000's how do you get around this skin tone issue?

Picture 1 and 3 look fine to me, looks like they were taken outdoors on a cloudy day. And the child has pale skin tone to begin with. Other two look like white balance issues to me. But im no expert. Did you look at my pics I posted?? I am not saying the skin tones were perfect but they seem to be spot on with how my childrens skin tone looked when I took the photos. I noticed alot of the time if you shoot in JPG the D3100 gets the wb wrong so I started shooting in RAW strictly and it's been pretty good since. Ofcourse the D300 will have better skin tones, it costs way more.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
;-)New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow