The latest on D7000 skin tones?

Started May 24, 2011 | Discussions thread
toomanycanons
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,508
Like?
Re: The latest on D7000 skin tones?
In reply to Foto1818, May 24, 2011

I'm starting to shoot indoor/low light events, handheld, no flash/high ISO/people. Totally different than the rest of my photography which is indoor/low light/on a tripod/ISO 200/no flash/real estate/exposure blending. In other words, I have one chance per view now to get it right at events.

If a couch I photograph is just a little off in color in my images, who's gonna complain? Skin tones, well, either they're right or they're not. It would be nice if it wasn't a constant post processing thing from nefs to get skin tones right.

I have an Expodisc Neutral that I haven't used much (no need so far) but now I'm going to be setting a custom WB with it at events.

My question is not whether or not you think setting a custom WB with the Expodisc works as advertised but how often do I need to set a custom WB indoors? In a large room is once enough? How to judge when it's time for another custom WB?

My dream is that I can shoot in jpeg (horrors!) on Neutral and have my colors and skin tones come out correct. Yes, I'll shoot nef+jpeg but I'm trying to cut down the processing time.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
;-)New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow