Started May 24, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jitteringjr
Senior MemberPosts: 2,963Gear list
Like?
Horrible time to buy
May 24, 2011

Although I didn't do a complete price match on all Canon Lenses and Flashes, it seems like almost every items is selling at or above MSRP at B&H and Adorama based on Canon USA list prices. The 50/1.4 lists at $400 and is selling at $450! I have never seen that at B&H or Adorama. Full MSRP is what I expect at the local shops.

There is still a lot of "which lens should I buy" chatter. I would have to say none or maybe the third party ones. Tamron lens prices seem to be holding good and same with Sigma, with the exception of the 30/1.4 that is up $50 since when I bought mine in January. I understand those with business needs have little choice but for us hobbyists, the timing sucks.

I personally have been buying accessory items. I just got a new light stand last week and picked up a Lowepro Stealth Reporter 200 today. The bag is too small so I will exchange it for the 400. So what are other people doing? Now buying anything? Business as usuall? Or accessory items?

jitteringjr's gear list:jitteringjr's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM +4 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow