Started May 24, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Swedish Hambern
Contributing MemberPosts: 751
Like?
The latest on D7000 skin tones?
May 24, 2011

Hi there everybody. Long time no see. I took a break a couple of months ago after not being able to get a fully functioning camera (focus issues). Now after I've gotten the camera replaced with a fourth one it actually works.

With the focus issue out of the way I still have one thing that keeps bugging me: The D7000 skin tones. It just looks flat, orangey, unnatural and simply bad. It's worst at the Standard setting, but the tendency is there at every setting (best is neutral). At least compared to my old D70 that always produced completely credible skin tones in every lighting situation.

And i can see I'm not the only one with these problems:
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1034&message=38321371

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1034&message=37151970&q=d7000+skin&qf=m

And after some researching at Pbase i found that pictures like these are constantly popping up:

One worse than the other... Page after Page...
Now compare those with some D70 images in the same cathegory (the first found):

Not fantastic pictures... SOOC But still much better than the D7000 pictures. And sorry to all who has put these up on Pbase. If you want me to remove your picture from this post, just say so and I will remove it at once.

So how do you handle this new color rendition feature of the D7000? I'm almost starting to give up on getting as good skin tones on D7000 as I got with my D70. And I've tweaked for months now and starting to believe that it's a mission impossible.

And please don't start herrassing me again now. I'm just asking.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
;-)New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow