Started May 21, 2011 | Discussions thread
SirSeth
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,924Gear list
Like?
Charles, good thoughts on leadership.
In reply to CharlesB58, May 23, 2011

CharlesB58 wrote:

Ken,

What happens is someone in a corner office becomes more concerned with how good spreadsheets and powerpoint presentations make them look right now than what will work long term.

This is so true about leadership in all realms. There are some leaders who become more about pet projects and managing the rhetoric of success then of actually leading a team to success. Much of the effort is poured into keeping up the constant dog and pony show; blaming without being blamed. It's hideous to watch and I don't wish it upon any organization. I hope Olympus has stronger leadership with better traits, but I've see this type of thing too often. People are elected or promoted because they can convince, not because they can lead.

I'm not sure this has anything to do with American businesses as much as it's just people are people.

Best,
Seth

-- hide signature --

What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?

--
wallygoots.smugmug.com
wallygoots.blogspot.com

SirSeth's gear list:SirSeth's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow