Not too bad - 12th September 2008

Started May 12, 2011 | Discussions thread
eilivk
Senior MemberPosts: 1,462Gear list
Like?
Re: I kind of agree with everyone
In reply to Tom Caldwell, May 22, 2011

Just my experience. Been all over town for some kind of beltcase or something for GX100 with EVF - bought it because of it - but found nothing good. Need EVF in strong light, and the GX100 one is not good enough, and the screen is rather small. And with the lens cap too awkward. Distraction, more concentrated on the camera than the view. And keeping track of EVF case and small parts... A personal experience, with good eyesight a very useful camera.

Maybe stupid but could sell it for 70% of GRDIII price - which is dropping fast. Tried GRD once (had to press beside the LCD to see images!), but did not buy as it was not OK. GRDIII would be faster to use than GX100, and the screen better in strong light? As showed in another post, GRDIII colours are fine. And the "noise" much better than let's say Canon noise, which can be rather ugly...

Otherwise enjoying the knowhow and friendly tone on this forum.

Tom Caldwell wrote:

I fell for the GX100 evf a I hoped against hope that it would be good enough to allow waist level framing or even overhead shots. But of course it was only good as eye to finder.

The result was that it was awkward to carry either mounted or dismounted. For a camera that was not belt-wearable size it might have made (just a little) more sense. But where in tarnation did you put the evf when the camera is on you belt?

I was not into fancy contraption custom made horizontal pouches with evf cutouts - i just needed something simple and practical that did not get in my way. The result was that the evf was "interesting" but never used. I managed somehow.

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell
I am always trying ...

eilivk's gear list:eilivk's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Canon PowerShot SX20 IS Ricoh CX4 Sony RX1 +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow