ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sderdiarian
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,273Gear list
Like?
Zone 10 on Olympus America: too funny!
May 21, 2011

And too true, I'm afraid. My favorite nugget:

If I was the new president of Olympus, my first act would be a wholesale firing of every sales, marketing and decision maker in Olympus America. There is incompetence, but then there is what appears to be an inside effort to literally undermine the success of a company/product line. Either the Olympus America management is just plain stupid or they are on Canon's payroll. Either way, I'd fire them."

But there's more: http://zone-10.com/cmsm/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=600&Itemid=1

For others who have suffered almost head-banging frustration over how this company operates, kudos to Ken for stating the obvious. My idea of hell would be to be one of the incredibly talented pool of Imaging Division engineers and designers who've been responsible for so many innovations, but held hostage to an utterly clueless corporate leadership undercutting their capabilities.

A simple case in point, something so cheap and common as a dedicated AF assist light not being provided on any Olympus DSLR or mFT since the ancient E-1.

Ah, Mr. New Western President, may the force be with you!
--
Sailin' Steve

sderdiarian's gear list:sderdiarian's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow