Started May 20, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Flying Fish
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,110Gear list
Like?
What would you have done?
May 20, 2011

I was at the Grand Canyon recently to take photos of California condors. I had seen none so I joined a group of about 30 perople--all strangers to me--who gathered to listen to a ranger give a scheduled talk about California condors. A condor finally flew overhead and we all stood up to watch. With my Canon 7D and Canon 400 mm f/5.6L I took a bunch of photos. A person who had said nothing to me beforehand came up to me, thrust a business card at me, and asked me to email the best of my photos. I demurred. My reason? I spent a lot of money on my equipment and a lot of time trying to get better at photographing birds, and I didn't see why I should just give away my photos. I'm not a professional and so didn't feel as if I should offer to sell them, but maybe I should have. (Another person chatted with me later and was quite friendly, and if that person had asked for a photo or two I'd have been more likely to agree; but I wasn't asked.) I thought that if I'd agreed and accepted the card with no intention of sending photos, others would have asked too.

What would you have done?

FF

Flying Fish's gear list:Flying Fish's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 550D Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM +3 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow