Last minute outdoor midday totally unprepared and winging it wedding tips please...

Started May 20, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ken Knott
Regular MemberPosts: 276
Like?
Last minute outdoor midday totally unprepared and winging it wedding tips please...
May 20, 2011

Ok... amateur photographer... I wouldn't say serious amateur, but perhaps very interested amateur... I read photo mags like crazy.. lurk in the blogs... buy way too may books etc.. but don't shoot enough

Never shot a wedding.. barely know flash, but I've got a Pentax K5 with the 18-135 lens, a manual 50 mm 1.2, and a cheap 100-300 zoom. My flash is a Metz 50 AF-1

I've primarily been shooting landscapes and a teeny bit of marco-ish stuff...

So my brother is getting married tomorrow... He has no photographer.. at all... (They're not into pictures too much he says...)

So I'm going to do what I can for him... (as I'm not in the wedding - we're very close)

The wedding is on the waterfront, at 2pm... outdoors... I'll be arriving about 11am-ish and do my best...

I don't exactly feel too much pressure, but I'd like to do as best I can and throw him a little wedding book together... (I'm better at that part of the job)

So blitz me with some tips... I understand the basics of photography and I know how to use my equipment.. but I have very little experience with portrait photography and none with weddings....

Any tips, hints, etc, etc will be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,

Ken Knott

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow